tracker issue : CF-3839092

select a category, or use search below
(searches all categories and all time range)

"WebCharts3D Invalid License" randomly appears

| View in Tracker

Status/Resolution/Reason: Closed/Withdrawn/CannotReproduce

Reporter/Name(from Bugbase): Don Walter / Don Walter (Don Walter)

Created: 10/14/2014

Components: Charting/Graphing

Versions: 10.0

Failure Type:

Found In Build/Fixed In Build: Final /

Priority/Frequency: Major / All users will encounter

Locale/System: English / Win 2008 Server R2 64 bit

Vote Count: 0

Problem Description: "WebCharts3D Invalid License" randomly appears on any charts in our site. Seems to come back every couple months or so, using CF 10 Enterprise, update 12

Steps to Reproduce: Unknown, it just eventually appears until the instance is restarted. Will work fine for months and then just start showing up

Actual Result: "WebCharts3D Invalid License" appears on any charts in our site

Expected Result: No invalid license messages appear on our valid licensed CF 10

Any Workarounds: Restarting the instance will make the message go away for a while, but it will eventually come back

----------------------------- Additional Watson Details -----------------------------

Watson Bug ID:	3839092

External Customer Info:
External Company:  
External Customer Name: dwaltermys
External Customer Email:  
External Test Config: My Hardware and Environment details:



Are you using sandbox here? Have you created custom reports by calling the webchart objects and methods directly? There were problems reported in both these cases.
Comment by Himavanth R.
10678 | October 27, 2014 11:24:30 PM GMT
Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, we are not using sandbox, and to the best of my knowledge only using cfchart to create charts. I can't find any code that calls the object directly
Comment by External U.
10679 | October 28, 2014 06:50:55 AM GMT
This will be tough to reproduce. Can you check your logs for any stacktrace logged during the last time you saw this behaviour?
Comment by Himavanth R.
10680 | October 28, 2014 11:42:31 PM GMT
Nothing in the exception.log file for either server in the 48 hours leading up to when the problem occurred. Only entry around that day is right after I restarted the instance "Information","Thread-51","10/14/14","10:00:01",,"Address already in use: JVM_Bind" Address already in use: JVM_Bind at Method) at Source) at Source) at Source) at Source) at<init>(Unknown Source) at<init>(Unknown Source) at
Comment by External U.
10681 | October 29, 2014 09:50:38 AM GMT
Provided logs seems to be not relevant for this issue to hit the root cause. If anyone else is facing the same issue please do let us know. (Comment added from ex-user id:duttswam)
Comment by Adobe D.
10682 | December 09, 2014 02:54:31 AM GMT
I am having the same problem with Coldfusion 9 Enterprise on Windows 2008 64 bit. I have two servers in an IIS cluster. Problem occurs on one server and not the other. Problem started happening suddenly last week after no issues for years. I can reproduce the problem and confirm that there is nothing in the Coldfusion log files and also not anything in the Windows Event logs.
Comment by External U.
10683 | March 30, 2015 09:38:44 AM GMT
License message went away after CF service restarted. No messages in any logs.
Comment by External U.
10684 | April 03, 2015 06:48:47 AM GMT
We have seen this issue being reported by multiple customers. We have tried but were not able to reproduce this issue. Closing this due to lack of repro case for now. Will open when we have a repro case.
Comment by Dattanand M.
10685 | September 29, 2015 04:42:32 AM GMT