tracker issue : CF-3853569

select a category, or use search below
(searches all categories and all time range)

CFContent tag working differently in CF 11

| View in Tracker

Status/Resolution/Reason: Closed/Fixed/

Reporter/Name(from Bugbase): Chad Fenske / Chad Fenske (Chad Fenske)

Created: 11/18/2014

Components: AJAX, UI Components

Versions: 11.0

Failure Type:

Found In Build/Fixed In Build: CF11_Final /

Priority/Frequency: Major / All users will encounter

Locale/System: English / Win 2012 Server x64

Vote Count: 0

Listed in the version 2016.0.03.300466 Issues Fixed doc
Problem Description: when using <cfcontent reset="true" /> in CF11 it now removes all included js from the CFIDE/scripts folder that are included for built in ColdFusion UI tags like cfgrid, cfpod, etc. 

Steps to Reproduce: run the index.cfm page in the zip file I included in CF9 or CF10 to see how the tag used to work. Then run the page in CF11 to see how the tag is working now.

Actual Result:the cfcontent tag in CF11 is removing all included file from CFIDE/script folder, cfmessage.js, cfajax.js, cf.css in this example.

Expected Result: to have those file to continue to be included when using <cfcontent reset="true" /> like CF9 and CF10 did

Any Workarounds: remove the tag

----------------------------- Additional Watson Details -----------------------------

Watson Bug ID:	3853569

External Customer Info:
External Company:  
External Customer Name: ChadFenske
External Customer Email:  
External Test Config: My Hardware and Environment details: Windows 2012 vm's. ColdFusion 11 Hotfix 2.


  1. November 19, 2014 00:00:00:


The zip file includes screen shots from CF9, CF10, CF11 when running the index.cfm page which is included as well.
Comment by External U.
10009 | November 18, 2014 12:03:57 PM GMT
This issue is fixed and fix will be available as part of upcoming update of ColdFusion 11.
Comment by Nimit S.
10010 | January 14, 2015 01:21:46 AM GMT
can you tell me when the next update will be coming out? We are starting our migration to CF11 and we need this fix to move forward
Comment by External U.
10011 | February 03, 2015 12:54:26 PM GMT
The fix for this bug is available in the pre-release build of ColdFusion 11 Update 5
Comment by CFwatson U.
10012 | February 20, 2015 09:22:44 AM GMT
I have installed the pre-release build and it did not fix the issue.
Comment by External U.
10013 | February 20, 2015 10:24:57 AM GMT
actually looks like the pre-release is not installing correctly. Once I get it installed with no errors I will let you know if I am still seeing isses with this bug
Comment by External U.
10014 | February 20, 2015 11:54:49 AM GMT
I have finally gotten the update to install, and I can confirm that the issue is NOT resolved
Comment by External U.
10015 | March 03, 2015 10:23:24 AM GMT
Hi Chad, I have executed the index.cfm that has been attached with this bug on update 5, and it works for me now with the update. The build number is #293351. Could you confirm on the build number that you have verified, which can be found under Server Settings --> Settings Summary. Also could you share the repro code that you are trying if it is different from the index.cfm attached here. Thanks, Preethi
Comment by S P.
10016 | March 04, 2015 05:41:31 AM GMT
The test code attached with this test case works with Update 5, but the issue can still be observed with certain other scenarios and Ajax UI components. Thanks Chad, for reporting this.
Comment by Piyush K.
10017 | March 05, 2015 05:15:28 AM GMT
The fix for this bug is being reverted for ColdFusion 11 Update 5 because of some unperceived complications. We will try to fix this in a future update.
Comment by Piyush K.
10018 | March 05, 2015 05:15:43 AM GMT
Any update on this bug.
Comment by External U.
10019 | January 18, 2016 02:42:24 PM GMT
As of update 7 I have not seen this bug fixed, I'm still having to apply the hotfix you have provided me. When will this be added to an update?
Comment by External U.
10020 | May 20, 2016 09:32:55 AM GMT
FWIW, I agree that fixing this in the mooted way was a mistake. `<cfcontent reset="true">` should clear the entity response body buffer, not select parts of it. It should also not know anything about any module which happens to put stuff in the response body. That's bad coupling. What the fix *should* be is that CF should be more careful about making sure the libs its UI wizards needs are indeed included in the response, and this should be checked every time the UI wizard code is encountered at *runtime*, not simply once at the beginning of the response, like it seems is being done now.
Comment by Adam C.
10021 | May 04, 2017 03:19:42 PM GMT
+1 to what Adam said - start to finish. Please re-open/revert/fix properly. Thanks!, -Aaron
Comment by Aaron N.
10022 | May 04, 2017 06:38:14 PM GMT