tracker issue : CF-4204118

select a category, or use search below
(searches all categories and all time range)

Coldfusion update 10 hotfix breaks datasources

| View in Tracker

Status/Resolution/Reason: Closed/Withdrawn/Duplicate

Reporter/Name(from Bugbase): Teresa B. / ()

Created: 03/25/2019

Components: Administrator

Versions: 2016

Failure Type: Data Loss

Found In Build/Fixed In Build: 2016.0.10.314028 /

Priority/Frequency: Normal / All users will encounter

Locale/System: English / Win 2016

Vote Count: 0

Problem Description: I have typed this all out once but form failed.  Please contact me as this is urgent but I don't have time to refill all of this out. I can give you all the info you need once contacted. 

Steps to Reproduce:

Actual Result:

Expected Result:

Any Workarounds:



Hi Teresa, Can you please send the detailed information to my email address, so that we can look into this issue on priority. -Nimit ColdFusion Team
Comment by Nimit S.
30564 | March 25, 2019 02:02:38 PM GMT
Now that the form actually worked I'll add the information. Again. I am an employee of Indiana University. My team supports a hosting environment windows servers for departments on all IU campuses. When I installed hotfix 10 on our Coldfusion servers, it broke the datasources on ALL our servers. We couldn't copy a known good neo-dataource file in. This did not resolve the issues. Our CF servers are set up the same and we have 2 servers in prod, 2 in stage that mirror each other. This break is catastrophic for our service. I have rebuilt a couple of our servers, and applied the hotfix thinking everything was ok. But this past Sunday during a reboot, all the datasources broke again. We cannot fix this by stopping the services and copying in a good neo-datasource file. We have to either recreate the datasource or just re-add the password and then the datasource will start working again, although some datasources are not working at all. The error in the CF administrator is: "java.sql.SQLException: Datasource <ds name> could not be found. at coldfusion.sql.DataSrcImpl.validate( at coldfusion.sql.SqlImpl.validate( at coldfusion.tagext.sql.QueryTag.doValidate( at coldfusion.tagext.sql.QueryTag.doAfterBody( at ...." even though the datasource is there. I have checked the neo-datasource.xml file and it is properly formatted, so it's not that.
Comment by Teresa B.
30565 | March 25, 2019 02:04:38 PM GMT